<$BlogRSDURL$> .
.


Staple guns - because duct tape can't make that "Ka-CHUNK" noise
- xkcd

Thursday, October 13

So, does anybody want to know what I did last weekend? Well too freakin' bad! You're gonna hear about it anyways! Mainly because it's the best weekend I've had since I left the grand ol' GSA.

It started in quite a grand fashion. Firstly, I left here and got stuck in traffic. Then I got to Sarnia. And the next morning, the real adventure began...

It started off with a slight rain, but that wouldn't stop me. I was off to Oberlin, Ohio, to see the most wonderful girl! And a little rain wasn't about to stop me. For three and a half hours I drove with a face-splitting grin. I think the customs officer was a little confused. Anywho, I drove through Port Huron, then through Detroit, then through Toledo, and finally on the last stretch of highway, all the while listening to some wonderful music. And by music, I mean Lord of the Rings on tape. You might think I'm a nerd. Well sucks to your ass-mar.

Finally, after what seemed like centuries, I arrived at Oberlin. Now, Oberlin is not a place of... well... many people. In fact, it's around a tenth the size of Sarnia. But nonetheless, it is a grand place. And it's full of hippies! Go hippies!

And as I turned at the one streetlight (it was morning so it hadn't turned off yet), and turned another street, I came to South, the palace of my princess. And lo - there she stood in all her purple glory and beauty waiting for me! Hoorah! At this point, my face was in pain from the grinning, but I was not able to stop.

The weekend was quite eventful - from the Conservatory, to South, to the one grocery store, to the Apollo - we explored it all. And as I was taken on my walking tour to see everything to be seen of the quiet little town (right... quiet...) I was filled with such joy as cannot be explained here to be hand in hand with the princess of Oberlin.

One event never to be left out is the smoothie run. After my darling girl was finished at work, we took the life-changing journey to another building for smoothies. Now these are no ordinary smoothies, my friend. These are the best smoothies you've ever had. No joke. The delightful combination of strawberry, peach, and mango was quite beyond my vocabulary to describe. This, however, was not the sole delicious event of the weekend. There was also the endless shrimp. Yes, that's right - we went to Red Lobster.

But after all the shrimp, and the smoothies (not to mention a kickass concert), it was at last time to part, possibly one of the most painful moments of my time. And the final moments were of sadness and tears. For I had to leave my beautiful, and return from whence I came. But alas, in Oberlin lies my heart, and there shall it ever long to be.


Credits

Blogger.com
Haloscan.com
Imageshack.us
WeatherPixie.com
.